After going through this checklist, if your issue is not resolved then visit our resource center for LCD TV Troubleshooting, Plasma TV Troubleshooting, or Projection TV Troubleshooting.
There are so many different things to look at in a television set when it is not working correctly. I am going to go through step-by-step to check everything. I troubleshoot electronics all the time, and troubleshooting is all about getting back to a KNOWN GOOD. The The first thing you need to get back to a known good is to have a checklist. Some of the things mentioned in the check list sounds basic, but DO VERIFY THEM!
- Verify TV is plugged-in and getting power.
- Verify your home’s power breaker has not tripped.
- Verify the batteries in the remote control are good.
- Verify you have selected the right input for Cable/Satellite, antenna, DVD, VCR or Game Console.
- Verify the cable/satellite box is plugged in and getting power
- Verify you are getting cable/satellite in other parts of the house
- Verify the VCR is plugged-in,getting power, and turned on.
- Verify that all wires are connected to proper place
- Scroll through input screen to verify you are watching the correct inputs
- Look at the FAQ on the manufacture’s website or user manual